Sunday 1 June 2014

A New Personal Best - most miles in a week

This week I've cycled 321.3 miles, beating my last record of 270.8 set 5-11 May 2014, thanks to a long bank holiday Monday ride, two commutes and a weekend ride to Broughton and back staying in the lovely Forest Pines Hotel and Golf Resort. Very pleased with that record.

For my records, the last PB I achieved was 12-18 May and that was the longest ride, 143.6 miles for the Etape du Dales.

This was the view from the hotel's golf bar terrace yesterday evening. Now I'm no golfing expert but it looked like a very well groomed course, the picture doesn't really do it justice.

Had a leg massage at the hotel spa but bizarrely she only massaged my calves. Could really have done with the quads and hamstrings getting a seeing to, much more than the calves. Calves did feel fresh afterwards though.

One thing they do in Lincolnshire is very straight, long, flat roads - like this one which was like that for 4 miles and ran alongside fields on the right and some kind of man made drainage channel on the left which ultimately flowed into the River Trent.

Well I was at a Golf Resort so I needed a caddy...

Crossing the Stainforth and Keadby Canal.

Strava route links Ilkley to Broughton near Scunthorpe:
Outward bound
Homeward bound

No comments:

Post a Comment