Monday 16 June 2014

Week ending 15th June - Training: Actual vs Plan

I rode the following between 9th and 15th June:

Tuesday: Commute to and from work. 36 miles, 2 hours
Thursday: Commute to and from work. 36 miles, 2 hours
Friday: Hilly Ilkley to Lofthouse. 26 miles, 1.5hrs
Sunday: Hilly Lofthouse to Ilkley. 26 miles, 1.5hrs

Total: 124 miles, 7 hours.

(TDF fever is growing and this campsite owner/farmer was getting in the spirit at Lofthouse in Nidderdale!)

The June intermediate training plan says 8.5 hours required so I'm just behind with the 7 hours done but not by much. I actually thought I'd be a long way off the plan (having not looked at the plan for a couple of months) so I'm pleasantly surprised to see the plan isn't asking for 32 hours this week.

I plan to ride to work three days this week and the TDF Stage 2 on Sunday with Al. That should be about 14 hours in the saddle hopefully which will be well over the 10 in the plan. Might try and do a Saturday ride too to ensure I get the all important back to back mileage in.

Training plan link
June Intermediate Plan Link

No comments:

Post a Comment