Friday 30 May 2014

Nutrition is my weakness

Or perhaps I mean gluttony.

Sometimes when I get home from work I raid the cupboard where crisps, biscuits and chocolate are kept. And when I say raid, I mean raid!

For example, last night I ate half an Easter egg, 6 biscuits, a bag of crisps to share (about 800 calories alone) and 2 slices of buttered fruit cake when I got in. This meant I didn't eat much tea! I hadn't ridden my bike yesterday either.

Now I'm as skinny as they come (I've seen mare meat on a butcher's pencil was a memorable quote from a funny Jock!) but I do have a gut and this is probably one of the reasons. I had blamed my parents for years for my pyjama bottoms being too tight as a child however slowly I've had to accept that eating crap is actually to blame! And beer.

Somehow I need to stop myself raiding that cupboard when I get home. If I was to lose the gut it would massively help the climbing.

No comments:

Post a Comment