Tuesday 9 September 2014

Day 4 - Ludlow to Haydock

Wake up song: Bicycle Race - Queen

Felt pretty good in the morning and led the Vodafone Train out for most of it but as it was flat we sped along and I didn't eat of drink enough. As a result I bonked at the 72 mile feed station and sat there in my own vacant world eating and drinking everything.



The best thing about the group I'm riding in is that there are always others having good and bad moments and where I helped them make progress in the morning, they towed me back to the finish where the refuelling had kicked in. My parents were waiting at the line too.

The fantastic view from the bar at Haydock Racecourse

I finally caved in and treated myself to a beer that night too.

Today was a flat day and I hate the flat as it doesn't break the ride up. Tomorrow to Penrith is flat to start then at about 75 miles it climbs up Shap Fell. A long draggy climb apparently.


No comments:

Post a Comment