Wednesday 10 September 2014

Day 5 Haydock to Penrith

Woken up this morning by Greatest Day - Take That. Great tune to wake up to on day 5 where friendships and teamwork were getting important and it makes my hairs stand on end when I listen back to it again now.





Best day yet, again in gorgeous sunshine. So pleased to be away from the boring flat and into the hills. First bit through Preston was in rush hour traffic and was so slow but after that we had a fast, rolling ride up to the big long climb of shap fell. Stupidly I went for it at about half way and dragged a Deloitte rider up with me who said his mate had dropped him on the climb. I said come with me and we'll catch him and we did. It was funny to see the face of the guy when we both passed him just before the top. I love hills!
Spent the day riding in the Vodafone Express, our group of 10 ish riders who worked together to share the load and was feeling strong so towed it home.
The evening was spent in the campsite in the grounds of a gorgeous stately home near Penrith. A very good day and also over half way, a major milestone.



No comments:

Post a Comment