Monday 28 April 2014

Fast mini peleton on the commute home

The commute in
Had a good ride in today despite carrying the laptop, felt strong and the weather was pretty nice. Got beeped very unnecessarily by a frustrated driver stuck in traffic at Kirkstall lights while overtaking another cyclist which is a reminder of the need to stay fully alert and eased off around rush hour traffic.

The commute home
On the way home I rode with a guy from Weetwood roundabout (which is awful by the way) to Otley, each of us sharing the load on the front, which resulted in a very decent pace (for me), a lot of PBs on Strava and my fastest time home to date (54 mins 57 secs). If I get the train home it's 65 mins door to door for comparison.  He was riding a battered winter commuter bike with an equally battered pannier rack bag on and didn't look as sweaty as I felt when we parted company at Otley! Clearly a good rider with a machine and bag that have seen some action. It was good fun riding with him.

The day off work ride
I've got some time off work coming up so contacted Phil from ICC (see my first ever blog post, that's Phil) for a long ride on Friday and he's in. Depending on the weather we'll probably go from Ilkley to Glasson Dock near Morcambe via the Trough of Bowland and back. Plenty of new territory there and I'm not sure exactly what to expect.

It's 191km (119 miles) but here's some stats for it from the www.plotaroute.com site
35% uphill
35% downhill
30% flat

No comments:

Post a Comment