Sunday 27 April 2014

I didn't make the 200km Audax but I did have a great ride instead

I just couldn't motivate myself to do the 200km Audax today but I did meet up with Al for a 7am ride up to Conistone and back, taking in a cheeky Langbar climb at the end and we both smashed our personal best times up it.

That's thanks to Al, if I'd have been on my own I'd have trundled home on the back roads in my comfort zone but he lit the touchpaper and we were off!

That was a perfect ride for how I was feeling today.

I should have done 10 hrs training according to my plan this week, I've actually done 6. Still, I've enjoyed those 6 hours and pushed the envelope (is that the term?!) at the end of today's ride so that will do.

Oh, and did I mention how hard it was getting out of bed at 6am on Sunday?! I looked at my phone sort of hoping Al would have bailed but absolutely knowing he wouldn't. Thankfully he never does.

No comments:

Post a Comment